Monday, January 7, 2013

SPARKLE: Rescue Beauty Lounge's Aqua Lily.


There are a few nail polishes that get mentioned in hushed tones - Essie's Starry Starry night, China Glaze's OMG collection, OPI's My Private Jet and RBL's Aqua Lily. Well most of those polishes are the stuff of myth and legend these days but luckily for me, RBL decided to re-release Aqua Lily in their most recent 'Bring it Back' event and I snapped it up.

This shade is an amasing aqua with a contrasting purple shimmer. Aqua Lily was one of the shades in RBL's first fan collection - which means that the idea was submitted into a competition to be created into a polish. I've actually got 2 polishes from the original fan collection now - Aqua Lily and Cuprum. If you want to find out more about the fan collection and what inspired the shades Scrangie did a great post with swatches (as always).


Anyways back to this beauty. This polish applied nicely, the brush is easy to use and is not especially thick or thin. It is a little slower to dry than some of my other polishes so I used Sally Hansen's Insta Dry top coat on top. I feel like the top coat has diminished some of the shimmer - the tip on my bottle shot shows more shimmer as it is 2 coats of the polish alone.





All photos are taken with 2 coats of Aqua Lily with 1 coat of the top coat. I just love shades like this. Sadly this is sold out again but you can go on RBL's mailing list to be advised of future pre-sales in case this one comes up again. In the meantime there are a number of dupe posts if you want to create a version of your own on google - I haven't tried any so can't recommend them either way.

Happy Monday

Jac x


No comments:

Post a Comment