Tuesday, October 30, 2012

TAG: I LOVE Drugstore Makeup



1. What is your favorite drugstore makeup brand?
Actually I really don't have an overall favourite - I have favourites by products - Revlon for lips, Wet N Wild for eye shadow, Face of Australia for foundations and Australis for Mascara. If you made me choose just one brand to use for the rest of my life it would be between Revlon and Wet N Wild.

2. What are your favorite face, cheek and lip products?
Face - Physicians Formula Happy Booster Powder and Bourjois Healthy Mix Foundation
Cheek - BYS blush in Peach Sundae and Face of Australia Illuminator
Lip - Revlon lipstick in Demure and Revlon Lip Butter in Sugar Frosting or Peach Parfait

3. Least favorite product?
Maybelline mascaras generally and ESPECIALLY The Falsies. Yuck!

4. What is the best makeup bargain?

Walking on Eggshells palette from Wet N Wild or Essence's Blue Addicted Nail Polish (you'll see why under number 7).

5. What is your favorite underdog product?

BYS eyebrow pencils and blushes.

6. A drugstore product that is overpriced?
Well ALL OF THEM in Australia but, generally I think mascaras are overpriced even in the US. In Australia I would have to point the finger of shame at Sally Hansen - my base coat is $16 AUD but only $6USD  - I'm sorry but that's ridiculous.

7. Show your best drugstore dupe(s)!!
  • Sally Hansen Extreme Wear in Blue Me Away is a dupe of Zoya's Robin.
  • Essence's Blue Addicted Nail Polish is a dupe for Deborah Lippman's Across the Universe.
  • Julie G's Nail Polish in Julie's Fav is a dupe for Essie's Cute as a Button.

8. Drugstore product that isn't worth the hype?
'BB creams' (don't even get me started on the fact these aren't 'real' BB creams at all either) - if you actually want to try one then go on eBay and check out brands like Skin Food, Misha and Etude House. 

If you got to the end of this post then consider yourself tagged baby. If you do decide to do this tag as a post please feel free to link your post below - I'd love to read it.

Happy Tuesday.

Jacx

7 comments:

  1. I didn't mind the falsies mascara, but I love Australis ones, especially their Lash Length Extension fibre one. Face of Australis Impact Curl mascara is ace as well :) Totally agree on the BYS brow pencils, they rock!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay someone else loves the BYS brow pencils!

      Delete
  2. Excellent post Jac and I totally agree with you on the Sally Hansen! I'm going to get around to doing this tag too - so many posts on my list but so little time...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I hear you lovely. Look forward to seeing what is on your list.

      Delete
  3. Love the post, I'll have to do this tag! I love the BYS blushes, never tried the eyebrow pencils though i'll have to check them out xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BYS definitely has some hidden gems that is for sure.

      Delete
  4. Love this post.
    I love revlon too. I think their makeup has become so much better in the past couple of years. I love the lip butters.

    ReplyDelete